Lead flashings are an important part of a durable and watertight roof. These must be held in place correctly and traditionally lead wedges have been used.
Calder Clips are a great alternative to this, putting far less pressure on the surrounding joint whilst maintaining a secure, strong and reliable hold on the flashing itself, all the while allowing for natural thermal expansion.
Description and performance
• High tensile stainless steel ‘V’ shaped fixing clips.
• Lead clips and flashings are generally maintenance free, however it is advisable to occasionally check the condition of the flashings for any signs of damage.
Health and Safety
• Follow standard health and safety directives as described in CLAW (Control of Lead at Work regulations).
• Individuals should not eat, drink or smoke in any place where contamination could occur. Hands and arms should be washed before consuming food or smoking.
Directions for use
• Calder Flashing Clips are suitable for joints which are 6 – 18mm. Insert each clip into the joint using a screwdriver or similar slim tool.•
• Flashing Clips should be installed at 450mm centres for linear flashings. For step flashings, at least 1 clip should be used per step. For single step flashings, 2 clips should be used for each step.
• Once the flashing clips are in place, the joint can then be finished by pointing with Calder Lead Sealant.
• Lead flashings should not exceed 1.5 metres in length.
• One pack fixes up to 20 linear metres of lead flashing.