Calder’s Flexi Slates are a durable, high-performance and easy to install pipe sleeving product. Manufactured with a combination of a Code 4 lead 450 mm x 450 mm base and a bonded EPDM synthetic rubber sleeve.
Flexi-slates are recommended to ensure a weather tight seal is formed around pipes, aerials and similar items that penetrate tile, slate or built-up felt roofs.
Available in Pitched and Flat slates.
Description and Performance
• Flexi-slates are manufactured from code 4 rolled lead sheet to BS EN 12588 with a base dimension of 450mm x 450mm. This product does not generally suffer from fatigue cracking as the edges of the slate are free to move.
• Calder Flexi-slates are suitable for hot stacks which are insulated and where the temperature does not exceed 70°
• The approximate weight of each flexi-slate is 4kg.
Health and Safety
• Follow standard health and safety directives as described in CLAW (Control of Lead at Work regulations).
• Individuals should not eat, drink or smoke in any place where contamination could occur. Hands and arms should be washed before consuming food or smoking.
Directions for use
• Prior to installation, store the slates flat in a dry place.
• Cut a hole in the flat top of the rubber to suit the size of the pipe it is fitted over. Flexi Slates are suitable for pipe diameters of up to 125mm.
• The cone can be fitted over the top of the pipe by using silicone grease or liquid soap to lubricate the rubber. We recommend that the pipe is left to extend a minimum of 150mm above the rubber sleeve.
• The top edge of the lead base should have a 10mm welt formed along it before the roofing material is fitted over it.
• Apply a coat of Calder Patination Oil to all exposed lead surfaces, as well as the underside of the leading edge. Ensure that the Patination Oil does not come into contact with the rubber sleeve.